Non-EU citizens who have lived consistently and lawfully in Spain for five years can get permanent residency to secure their right to remain in the country indefinitely. This residency card has a five-year expiration date and is renewable. It enables foreigners to live and work in Spain with the same privileges as Spanish citizens, whether self-employed or employed.
The holder of a long-term or permanent residency permit may stay in Spain indefinitely without fulfilling any further requirements. More specifically, a foreigner granted permanent residency in Spain will be able to stay there indefinitely under conditions comparable to those of a Spanish citizen. If you’re interested in learning more about the procedure for getting citizenship, get in touch with one of our immigration lawyers.
The requirements for acquiring residency are summarized in the list below
• Live in the country for five years: This is a requirement for everyone who wants to apply for residency and will need to be proven with the proper documents.
• The applicant must demonstrate that he or she has a reliable income in Spain, whether it comes from a job or a pension.
• The overseas candidate must have private or public health insurance and bring the necessary papers to prove it.
• The applicant must complete and apply to the Foreigner’s Office.
The applicant must provide proof of having lived in Spain lawfully for the previous five years to be eligible for the benefits that come with being a permanent resident of the country. Various documents, including those we’ve included below, will be used as proof.
• The registration certificate issued by the city police department where the applicant resides;
• Proof of having a residential address in Spain (utility bills, rental contract); and evidence of means of subsistence.
• Information about the applicant’s current living situation (employment contract, self-employed person, student, or retired individual); (paychecks, bank statements, etc.).
• The permanent residence card will be issued based on these documents by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
How Nile Can Help You?
The leading overseas immigration consultancy in the world, Nile, offers impartial immigration services to each customer based on their needs and interests. The Nile provides top-quality services, including
• Professional guidance and consultation for Spanish immigration.
• Free career counselling is available; make an appointment right away.
• Complete instructions for obtaining an Immigration visa for Spain.
• Expert advice on how to behave during an interview (if any).
• The preparation of your visa application with attention and precision.
• Submission of visa application to relevant government authorities.